Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Everyone has a Question

Questions from a potential client

You know what? Something funny happened to me the other day and I was kind of shocked. A potential client of mine was trying to test me. He asked me a question to see if I knew what I was talking about. Here’s the question that was given to me. Question: “When buying Real Estate what are the three biggest mistakes people make?” I was confused for a second because I didn’t expect to hear such a question coming from a client. I knew the answer, so I played it cool and told him this.

  • Picking a bad Real Estate Agent
  • Picking the wrong mortgage
  • Not doing a home inspection

(Note: There are more 7 more mistakes, but I’ll list them on my next post.)

Then I followed up with a Question for him. I asked “When I say Real Estate what one word comes to mind?” Without hesitation he said EXPENSIVE. This is true I said, but it doesn’t have to be. Then I gave him my business card and asked him to visit me at my office to continue the discussion.

What have I’ve learned from this experience? Some clients want to test you, so they will get on the internet and research a few things. When they get on the internet to research a few things, they automatically think they’re and expert on the topics. So my advice is to keep calm and don’t argue with the potential client. You want to win his or her good faith rather then wining the argument and hurting their pride. If you win the argument, sure that’s a win for you, but you will have lost the sale. To turn things around have questions for them to answer and arrange another meeting with them at another time. A second meeting will give you the chance to prepare for that type of client.

No comments: