Saturday, July 7, 2007

A New Investor asked

Emails from a new Investor

I had an email from one of my viewer and she asked me about investing. This is what she asked “I don’t really have any money for an investment, but how can I get in on a Real Estate deal?” –Jill.

Well, to answer that question, there are many ways to setup a Real Estate deal. I’ll talk about one for now. One way to get into a real estate deal (especially if you don’t have money) is becoming a Bird Dog. To put it straight a bird dog is a deal finder. They go out and find a Real Estate deal then they had over that deal to an investor for a fee. This is a good way to gain a little capital, so you can make your own deals.

Just to kill two birds with one stone, I had another email from another person asking about finding investors. This 2nd email is closely related to Jill’s question, simply because you need an investor lined up if you want to be a bird dog. Here are some ways to find an Investor:

  • Join a local Real Estate investor’s club-Get to know these people, they’re a big help.
  • Put an ad in the local newspaper- investors can contact you with this method
  • Real Estate forums on the internet- investors can contact you with this method too
  • Referrals from Realtors or Contractors- These people know who’s a major player in the Real Estate game.


I’m glad I got some emails. It gave me a chance to interact with some people that are new to Real Estate. I would like to thank them for their support of my blog (Thanks Jill and Dave).

No comments: