Sunday, July 22, 2007

Looking For an Agent?

Finding a Realtor or Agent

Well some of you should know that you don’t have to be a Realtor or an agent to do Real Estate investing, but it doesn’t hurt to be one. If you’re not an agent, don’t worry you don’t have to go into Real Estate blindly. You can search for an agent or Realtor to help you with your Real Estate needs. As a flipper it’s very important to have them apart of your team. I know what you’re thinking, how can I find the best agent for me? To find the best agent or realtor you have to interview a few of them. You want to ask them about their experiences and how organized they are. For example, if you want to flip a house you would ask the agent if he or she has experience working with people that flip houses. You want to asked questions to get an idea if they want to work for your best interest. Remember it’s an Agents fiduciary duty to make sure you get the best deal possible, so don’t be stupid…ask questions.

Now to find an agent you can always ask a friend or a family member for a referral, but there is a fifty-fifty chance that the agent might suck. Another way to find an agent is to look at your local Real Estate magazines or news paper. Another way is to look on the internet and do a search for agents or realtors. There are other ways to find an agent, but the ways discussed here seem to be very effective.

As a side note, I’ve been asked if I was a good Agent. To be modest, I’m not the best agent in the world. If you asked me to list a house, I would refer you to another agent in my office. I personally don’t like listing houses; it doesn’t suit me very well. The whole open house thing is very boring to me, so I prefer to be a buyer’s agent, loan agent, or investor. Some agents don’t specialize in everything, so it’s important to search and interview the best agent for your Real Estate needs.

No comments: