Monday, July 23, 2007

Study, Study and More Studying

Real Estate Exams

I think within this post I’ll share some studying tips for people that plan to take their Department of Real Estate Exams. If you want to become an agent you have to challenge the exams at the Department of Real Estate. I know what’s going on through your mind, is the exams hard? To put it simple, it really depends how you study for the exams. Now with each US state or country there are different laws and regulations, I always recommend doing a little research online to find out what they are. The reason for this, some US states requires different amounts of schooling and exams to be an agent.

Now, to prepare for the exams it’s always good to go to your local book store or library to gain the necessary study materials. You want to find a practice exam book for Real Estate. Now the next step is to find a place where you feel comfortable studying. I always recommend finding a place where you feel at peace and with little distractions. Now I understand that everyone is different, so maybe you like a place that’s full of noise and distractions. What ever place makes you study well, go with that and focus on the task at hand. Another important note is the time of day you plan to study, I always like the morning in my opinion. In the morning I feel refreshed and I feel I absorb more information in the morning. Then I review at night to keep things fresh in my mind.

[Cramming and long term reviewing]

I’m a crammer at heart, that’s how I learn, but everyone is different. It took two weeks for me to cram all the information I needed to pass the exams, but remember not all people can learn things at the last minute. If by chance cramming is your style of learning, go with that method. For those who like the long term reviewing method, I always recommend taking a month or two to study the practice exam materials. Take 30 to 60 minutes a day to study the practice exams and at the end of each week review what you have learned. After all of that studying you should be ready to challenge the Real Estate Exams, so schedule your exam date and wish for a passing grade.

No comments: